The following is a simple excel based file to help you with basic stat testing. This is by no means a replacement for a discussion with a statistician. If you are not experienced with statistics, please speak with an experienced researcher or statistician about the proper test or formula to use.
The following excel file contains the following:
1. TEST OF PERCENTAGES FROM TWO INDEPENDENT SAMPLES (z-test)
2. TEST OF PERCENTS FOR SUBGROUP VS TOTAL
3. TEST OF TWO INDEPENDENT MEANS, t-test
4. DIFFERENCE OF DIFFERENCES (think pre-post test using test vs. control design)
5. PREFERENCE TEST (selecting between 2 alternatives)
6. TEST FOR A PERCENT RELATIVE TO A NORM
2nd Caveat: Please speak with an experienced researcher or statistician to make sure you are using the correct test!!! This file does not allow for one vs. two tailed tests (this file is a two-tailed test which is the most commonly used test.)
There are many other tests, but these includes some of the most common ones you might need and I have used over the years.
Please let me know if you require additional help.